Who Are We ?
The hub health and safety team are a group of people from across the the highways construction industry who work together with the aim of eliminating the risk of harm to all those that work on and use the strategic road network. We work with and support Highways England's aim of ensuring everyone 'goes home safe and well everyday'. We do this by supporting the delivery of Highways England's Home Safe and Well approach. You will find on this site examples of the work the team has been involved in, including;
- Health, safety and wellbeing campaigns covering the significant risks people face
- Raising the bar guidance detailing tried and tested good practice approaches to reducing risk.
- Initiatives such as the safety passport, traffic management incursions and principal designer working groups.
- Good practice examples in the H&S Toolkit and Blue Stars from site inspections.
- Highways England Alerts
- Highways England H&S performance reports.
- Incident reporting guidance using Airsweb.
Working together to ensure everyone goes home safe and well every day
Highways Safety Hub In association with Galliford Try